The free book Programming Basics with Java introduces readers to writing entry-level programming code (working with data, conditional statements, loops, and methods) using the Java programming language.
- 1. First Steps in Programming
- 2.1. Simple Calculations
- 2.2. Simple Calculations – Exam Problems
- 3.1. Simple Conditions
- 3.2. Simple Conditions – Exam Problems
- 4.1. More Complex Conditions
- 4.2. More Complex Conditions – Exam Problems
- 5.1. Loops
- 5.2. Loops – Exam Problems
- 6.1. Nested Loops
- 6.2. Nested Loops – Exam Problems
- 7.1. More Complex Loops
- 7.2. More Complex Loops – Exam Problems
- 8.1. Practical Exam Preparations – Part I
- 8.2. Practical Exam Preparations – Part II
- 9.1. Problems for Champions – Part I
- 9.2. Problems for Champions – Part II
- 10. Methods
- 11. Tricks and Hacks
Watch Part #1 of the free Java Basics video course, coming with the book: https://youtu.be/sBheEjlkcVg.
Watch Part #2 of the free Java Basics video course, coming with the book: https://youtu.be/CI8XUpIEoy4.
Download the book "Programming Basics with Java" in PDF format:
This book is available in several versions in different programming languages:
- Programming Basics with Java (English)
- Programming Basics with Python (English)
- Programming Basics with C# (English)
- Programming Basics with Java (Bulgarian)
- Programming Basics with Python (Bulgarian)
- Programming Basics with C# (Bulgarian)
- Programming Basics with C++ (Bulgarian)
Brief information about this edition:
- Title: Programming Basics with Java
- Authors: Svetlin Nakov & Team
- Main authors: Asya Dikova-Kirova, Daniel Tsvetkov, Dimitar Dalev, Ivaylo Ivanov, Kristiyan Pamidov, Milena Georgieva, Nikolay Bankin, Petar Ivanov, Rositsa Nenova, Svetlin Nakov, Teodor Kurtev, Tsvetan Georgiev, Vaydin Kachanov, Ventsislav Petrov, Zhulieta Atanasova
- Other contributors: Aleksander Krastev, Aleksander Lazarov, Aleksandar Peev, Alen Paunov, Angel Dimitriev, Daniel Tsvetkov, Denis Milanov, Desislava Dahterova, Dimitar Tatarski, Dimitar Vlahov, Dimo Dimov, Diyan Tonchev, Elena Rogleva, Hristiyan Hristov, Hristo Hristov, Iskra Nikolova, Ivelin Kirilov, Julieta Atanasova, Kalin Primov, Kiril Kolarov, Kristiyan Pamidov, Luboslav Lubenov, Mariya Nikolova, Monika Petkova, Nikolay Bankin, Nikolay Dimov, Pavlin Petkov, Petar Ivanov, Rositsa Nenova, Rozalina Zaharieva, Ruslan Filipov, Stefka Vasileva, Svetlin Nakov, Teodor Kurtev, Tonyo Zhelev, Tsvetan Iliev, Vanya Voykova, Vasko Viktorov, Venelin Bekyarov, Ventsislav Petrov, Yanitsa Vuleva, Yoana Maksimova, Yulian Linev, Zahariya Pehlivanova, Zhivko Nedyalkov.
- ISBN: 978-619-00-1402-7 (9786190014027)
- Edition: Faber Publishing, Sofia, Oct 2021
- License: CC-BY-SA
- Source code: https://github.com/SoftUni/Programming-Basics-Book-Java-EN
Enjoy reading and do not forget to sign up for the Practical Free Course "Programming Basics" coming together with this book, because programming is learned by practice, code writing and solving many, many problems, not just by reading!